Best Restaurants In Paihia
Finding the best place to eat is often all part of the fun when holidaying, and Paihia has plenty of great options to choose from. Here are our top picks to give you a head start!! (In no particular order of preference)
- With two different dining options on offer - outside on The Dock or the inside dining room - you are sure to want to make Zane Grey's a regular while on holiday in Paihia. Zane Grey’s Restaurant and Bar serves great food, good wine and even has an onsite Aquarium plus excellent views!
- Perched right on the water’s edge at the end of the wharf, Charlotte’s Kitchen has an excellent menu for groups with both individual and sharing plates on the menu. Plus, there are stunning views!
- The newest eatery in Central Paihia has amazing views over the Bay of Islands. Terra Restaurant look forward to sharing their passion for modern dining using global cooking techniques, food sustainability and unique ingredients of the stunning Far North of New Zealand.
- If you love Thai or Indian food then you will love Greens Indian and Thai Restaurants. They have 2 restaurants on the waterfront in Paihia, Greens Indian and Greens Thai; as well as a restaurant in Russell. Check them out you won't be disappointed. Greens have a Takeaway Menu.
- King Wah Chinese Restaurant is another favorite . King Wah can be found in the middle of Paihia Lanes and offer both an a la carte menu as well as a Buffet. If you love fresh oysters in the shell, then you will definitely need to check out King Wah's buffet as it includes local fresh oysters in the entrée section. King Wah also has a Takeaway Menu.
- The Tipsy Oyster offers an interesting array of menu items drawing inspiration from around the world with something to please all taste buds. Perfect for Tapas, burgers and oysters - of course! The Tipsy Oyster is a real crowd pleaser!
- For the best BBQ ribs in Northland, Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack is the place to be! You can’t go past their legendary ribs, curly fries and wicked onion rings. Their range of burgers are also top-notch, along with the selection of ‘Sizzle Plates’ and Platters.
- While in Paihia, you simply can’t pass up the opportunity to get yourself some quality fish and chips to eat down by the water’s edge and JFC Just Fish and Chips is the place! This waterfront restaurant provides both indoor and outdoor dining, as well as takeaway, and serves only the freshest caught fish and seafood.
Other Restaurants - Paihia, and the wider Bay of Islands area, is extremely lucky to have a great selection of restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars and wineries to choose from. If the above doesn't suit your taste, then check out the Visit Bay of Islands food and drink page - you will not be disappointed!!
The Suite: Enjoyed my stay. My friends have taken cards. I am very impressed. I will be recommending you to business associates to stay.
Ruth, Kerikeri, NZ
Abri Apartments has consistently been #1 of Specialty Lodging in Paihia on Tripadvisor for a few years now!! Click through to TripAdvisor to read more
Helen, Abri Apartments, Paihia, New Zealand
The Treetops: Wonderful view for breakfast! Had a great time at Paihia!
Anne and Claude, Auckland, NZ
The Treetops: Wonderful retreat. Perfect location. Love all the little details that make this place so luxurious. Thank you so much.
Gerard and Melanie, Golden Bay, NZ
The Suite: Just what we needed! Thank you for making our week off so relaxing and special. We will be back!!
Lynn and Michael, Auckland, NZ
The Suite: Fabulous stay. Very clean and all available you could possibly need - And The Views - Just Stunning!! Thanks heaps. I will come back. :-)
Anna, Christchurch, NZ
The Palms: Magical spot to chill and take in the amazing views. We will be back another time. Cheers
Bryon and Michele, Hamilton, NZ
The Palms: Finally, a comfortable bed! Had a wonderful anniversary at this accommodation. Beautiful spot, close to shops and so comfortable. Thank you Helen
Mr and Mrs Smith, Kaitaia, NZ
The Palms: Really wonderful and lovely place to stay. The unit has been so well presented. We would highly recommend it. Thanks for sharing your place.
Colleen and Bernard, Wellington, NZ
The Treetops: Incredible stay. The views unbeatable and the room is superb. Thank you!
Deb and Liam, Auckland, NZ