Best Restaurants In Paihia
Finding the best place to eat is often all part of the fun when holidaying, and Paihia has plenty of great options to choose from. Here are our top picks to give you a head start!! (In no particular order of preference)
- With two different dining options on offer - outside on The Dock or the inside dining room - you are sure to want to make Zane Grey's a regular while on holiday in Paihia. Zane Grey’s Restaurant and Bar serves great food, good wine and even has an onsite Aquarium plus excellent views!
- Perched right on the water’s edge at the end of the wharf, Charlotte’s Kitchen has an excellent menu for groups with both individual and sharing plates on the menu. Plus, there are stunning views!
- The newest eatery in Central Paihia has amazing views over the Bay of Islands. Terra Restaurant look forward to sharing their passion for modern dining using global cooking techniques, food sustainability and unique ingredients of the stunning Far North of New Zealand.
- If you love Thai or Indian food then you will love Greens Indian and Thai Restaurants. They have 2 restaurants on the waterfront in Paihia, Greens Indian and Greens Thai; as well as a restaurant in Russell. Check them out you won't be disappointed. Greens have a Takeaway Menu.
- King Wah Chinese Restaurant is another favorite . King Wah can be found in the middle of Paihia Lanes and offer both an a la carte menu as well as a Buffet. If you love fresh oysters in the shell, then you will definitely need to check out King Wah's buffet as it includes local fresh oysters in the entrée section. King Wah also has a Takeaway Menu.
- The Tipsy Oyster offers an interesting array of menu items drawing inspiration from around the world with something to please all taste buds. Perfect for Tapas, burgers and oysters - of course! The Tipsy Oyster is a real crowd pleaser!
- For the best BBQ ribs in Northland, Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack is the place to be! You can’t go past their legendary ribs, curly fries and wicked onion rings. Their range of burgers are also top-notch, along with the selection of ‘Sizzle Plates’ and Platters.
- While in Paihia, you simply can’t pass up the opportunity to get yourself some quality fish and chips to eat down by the water’s edge and JFC Just Fish and Chips is the place! This waterfront restaurant provides both indoor and outdoor dining, as well as takeaway, and serves only the freshest caught fish and seafood.
Other Restaurants - Paihia, and the wider Bay of Islands area, is extremely lucky to have a great selection of restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars and wineries to choose from. If the above doesn't suit your taste, then check out the Visit Bay of Islands food and drink page - you will not be disappointed!!
The Suite: Thanks for your kind hospitability. You have a well kept guest accommodation. All the Best.
Heather and Tony, Luxembourg
The Palms: Finally, a comfortable bed! Had a wonderful anniversary at this accommodation. Beautiful spot, close to shops and so comfortable. Thank you Helen
Mr and Mrs Smith, Kaitaia, NZ
Abri Apartments has consistently been #1 of Specialty Lodging in Paihia on Tripadvisor for a few years now!! Click through to TripAdvisor to read more
Helen, Abri Apartments, Paihia, New Zealand
The Suite: This Suite is an absolute pleasure to stay in. Wonderful views and a great shower!! Thanks so much.
Jenny and Mark, Waikanae, NZ
The Suite: Enjoyed my stay. My friends have taken cards. I am very impressed. I will be recommending you to business associates to stay.
Ruth, Kerikeri, NZ
The Palms: What a wonderful spot. Loved the feel and the warmth in this chalet. A little piece of paradise in Paihia. Thanks!
Savannah & Cameron, Auckland, NZ
The Suite: Spectacular Views! Everything you need is here - perfect place to stay. :-)
Ethan and Nicole, Wellington, NZ
The Treetops: Amazing Stay. Helen you were lovely. Would love to stay again.
Scotty, Auckland, NZ
The Treetops: Wonderful retreat. Perfect location. Love all the little details that make this place so luxurious. Thank you so much.
Gerard and Melanie, Golden Bay, NZ
The Palms: Really wonderful and lovely place to stay. The unit has been so well presented. We would highly recommend it. Thanks for sharing your place.
Colleen and Bernard, Wellington, NZ